The 250D is designed and built for high production logging operations, heavy timber and tough duty cycle delimbing applications. It can be equipped with the AC16 articulating carrier for mill yard applications.Find a Dealer
A high performance, heavy lifting loader, the 250D is suited to delimbing, merchandising and loading heavy, tree-length logs. The 250D can be equipped with a pull-through delimber, bar saw slasher, circle saw slasher or grapple saw for maximum flexibility. The strength-to-weight optimized boom system is designed to withstand the forces of tough duty delimbing and loading.
The efficient load sensing hydraulic system with swing priority and energy recovery delivers simultaneous power to all machine functions for high performance and response, while providing excellent fuel efficiency for reduced cost per tonne.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The 250D loader is Tigercat FPT Tier 2 or Tier 4f powered. Tier 4f conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe. With the Tier 2 engine configuration, Tigercat brings the benefits of Tigercat power and support to harvesting professionals around the world. Learn more about Tigercat FPT
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- Advanced load sensing hydraulic system – excellent fuel economy.
- Dedicated swing pump – quick swing cycles and enhanced performance in delimbing applications
- Energy recovery swing system – closed loop drive feeds power back to the engine as swing decelerates, reducing heat and fuel consumption and recovering energy for other machine functions
- Large diameter swing bearing with twin swing drives for high torque and long life
- Automatic engine idle down for reduced fuel consumption in unsteady wood flow situations
- Rigid, fabricated subframe is generously sized for excellent stability
- High capacity cooling system
- Durable Tigercat cylinders; no aluminum components
- Unmatched service access – hydraulic valves are top accessible underneath the deck plate cover
- Optional (735 mm / 29 in) cab riser for increased visibility in high decking applications.
- Optional AC16 articulating carrier designed and built by Tigercat; forest duty axles and powerful tractive for rough terrain and towing applications
See below related files that you can download.
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
Tigercat released its next generation 250D and T250D loaders this spring.
BTB visited Castalia, North Carolina to speak with Joedy Cahoon about his family operations, preferred equipment and prime harvesting methods.
It was a cold and muddy weekend during the Paul Bunyan show hosted at the Cambridge Ohio Fairgrounds October 2-4.
250D with AC16 carrier gets high marks in hardwood sawmill.
Tigercat has released a new grapple design to complement the LG4053 which has been equipped on Tigercat knuckleboom loaders for many years.
|LENGTH less boom and steps||5 080 mm|
|WIDTH||2 590 mm|
|HEIGHT||3 450 mm|
|WEIGHT less attachment||17 010 kg|
|ENGINE Tier 4f||Tigercat FPT N67 Tier 4f|
151 kW (203 hp) @ 2200 rpm (rated)
165 kW (221 hp) @ 1900 rpm (peak)
Automatic idle down
|ENGINE Tier 2||Tigercat FPT N67 Tier 2|
159 kW (213 hp) @ 2100 rpm (rated)
165 kW (221 hp) @ 1900 rpm (peak)
Automatic idle down
|COOLING||Side-by-side aluminum radiator, oil cooler, charge air|
cooler and A/C condenser
|FAN||Fixed pitch, high flow|
|Optional||Flexxaire® variable pitch, reversing|
|FUEL CAPACITY||378 L|
|DEF CAPACITY Tier 4f||43 L|
|PUMP, SWING||Piston, pressure compensated|
|FILTRATION||(4) Spin-on, 7 micron full-flow|
|CYLINDER, HOIST||178 mm (7 in) diameter|
|CYLINDER, STICK||152 mm (6 in) diameter|
|CYLINDERS, STABILIZERS||(4) 165 mm (6.5 in) diameter|
Bolt-on bi-directional lock valves
|LENGTH less step||4 290 mm|
|SUPPORT BASE||3 810 mm x 4 650 mm|
|STABILIZER PADS||585 mm x 710 mm|
|SWING DRIVE||8 rpm variable, 360˚ continuous rotation|
Swing priority and energy recovery
|SWING BEARING||1 190 mm (47 in) ball circle diameter; Internal gear teeth|
Double reduction planetary gearbox
|MAXIMUM REACH||9 750 mm|
|LIFT CAPACITY||15 875 kg @ 3,35 m|
7 075 kg @ 7,62 m
|BARE PIN LIFT at 3,35 m||15 875 kg|
|BARE PIN LIFT at 7,62 m||7 075 kg|
|BATTERY||(2) 950 CCA, 12 v|
|ALTERNATOR||80 amp, 24 v|
|SYSTEM VOLTAGE||24 v|
|LIGHTING||Halogen, (2) boom mounted, (3) cab mounted,|
(1) engine house
(1) service, engine house
|LIGHTING, Optional||LED lighting package|
|CAB||Insulated, pressurized and isolation mounted|
Forward sloping, tinted polycarbonate windshield with intermittent wiper
Sliding tinted side windows
Window blinds for windshield and skylight
A/C, heater, defroster and pressurizer
Cell phone holder
(2) 12 v power points
AM/FM digital stereo with CD player and auxiliary input port; Bluetooth® audio and hands-free calling
Electronic control system with colour LCD display screen for machine monitoring and function adjustment
|SEAT||Heavy duty suspension, fully adjustable, heated and cooled|
|SWING||Foot operated, pilot valve|
|STANDARD||LogOn™ local wifi machine monitoring system|
Delimber/bar saw slasher hydraulics
|OPTIONAL||RemoteLog® telematics system|
Tigercat LG4053, LG5057T grapples, continuous rotation
Other grapples available
Grapple saw hydraulics
Cylinder lock valves
RemoteLog™ telematics system