The 602 skidder platform is customizable for various niche applications. The 602 cable skidder can be equipped with single and dual drum winches or a swing boom.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The 602 cable skidder is powered by the four-cylinder Tigercat FPT N45 Tier 4f engine. The Tier 4f engine conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe.
A truly compact skidder platform
Tigercat’s superior Tier 4 solution is packaged into a physically smaller engine compartment than competing machines, leading to clear operator sightlines and a compact design. To achieve a narrow overall width, the 602 is configured with a fixed front axle and centre joint oscillation.
Excellent cab ergonomics, Turnaround® and the benefits that come with hydrostatic drive, along with painless maintenance routines, make Tigercat skidders a top choice among operators.
The difference is in the drive…
Hydrostatic drive offers many advantages. Performance in tough terrain is excellent because full tractive effort is available at any engine speed, minimizing wheel spin and improving breakout performance. The operator appreciates simplified drive control with no gear shifting.
Electronic control technology combined with Tigercat’s unique hydrostatic drive system allows the skidder to operate at variable engine rpm, automatically increasing engine speed when additional horsepower is demanded. The result is improved fuel economy.
- Tigercat FPT N45 Tier 4 engine – clean, powerful and efficient with simple SCR emission control technology; fully supported by Tigercat
- EHS® equipped – extremely fuel efficient and capable of higher speeds in forward and reverse
- Quick, compact and manoeuvrable
- Turnaround® equipped – the unique two-position rotating seat with full rear facing machine control
- Maximum tractive effort is always available, regardless of engine speed; high breakout performance with minimal wheel spin
- Automatic variable engine speed contributes to excellent fuel economy
- Super-durable, long-life centre section is constructed with thick steel plate, large diameter pins and tapered roller bearings
- Excellent component layout, clear engine access, painless maintenance routines
- Excellent visibility in every direction and clear sightline to all tires
- Advanced ergonomics – grapple, arch and steer functions are all controlled with armrest mounted joysticks
See below related files that you can download.
- 602 skidder brochure
- 602 skidder brochure – Limited Accessibility (1.40 Mb)
News & Articles
Quick, compact and fuel efficient, the 602 grapple skidder is ideal for high value selective logging in tight or challenging terrain.
Tigercat releases the compact and narrow 602 cable skidder in North America.
Tigercat will debut a prototype model 602 skidder at Les Cognées, a unique forestry event to be held in the heart of the French Alps in Les Gets, France, June 24-25.
BTB spoke with owner-operator, Eli Coblentz of Coblentz Logging to get his thoughts on his 602 cable skidder.
Customers and friends joined the Tigercat team and Ricer Equipment at the Paul Bunyan Show in Cambridge, Ohio for the debut of the 602 Cable skidder.
|LENGTH||6 825 mm|
|WHEELBASE||3 750 mm|
|WIDTH||2 690 mm|
|HEIGHT||3 120 mm|
|GROUND CLEARANCE||570 mm|
|WEIGHT||12 870 kg|
|ENGINE Tier 4f||Tigercat FPT N45 Tier 4f
125 kW (168 hp) @ 2,200 rpm (rated)
129 kW (173 hp) @ 1,900 rpm (peak)
|ENGINE Non-certified||Tigercat FPT N45 Non-certified
125 kW (168 hp) @ 2,200 rpm (rated)
|AIR FILTRATION||Rain cap and 2-stage engine air cleaner|
|AIR FILTRATION OPTIONAL||Precleaner and 2-stage engine air cleaner|
|TOP SPEED||21 km/h|
|COOLING||Side-by-side aluminum radiator, oil cooler, charge air cooler, and A/C condenser
|FAN||Fixed pitch, blower
|Optional||Flexxaire® variable pitch, reversing|
|FUEL CAPACITY||190 L
|DEF CAPACITY||30 L|
|TRANSMISSION||EHS (efficient high speed) hydrostatic drive
Variable speed hydrostatic
(2) Variable displacement motors
|AXLE front||Tigercat IB15, inboard planetary, barrel differential
|AXLE rear||Tigercat IB15, inboard planetary, barrel differential
|DIFFERENTIAL LOCKS||Independent front and rear
|PUMP, MAIN||Piston for all machine functions|
|PUMP, MAIN 2||Gear for cooling|
|FILTRATION||(3) spin-on, 7 micron full-flow
|CYLINDERS, STEER||(2) 85 mm (3.25 in) bore|
|CYLINDERS, BLADE||(2) 90 mm (3.5 in)|
|SECONDARY BRAKES||Enclosed, oil cooled|
Spring applied/hydraulic release
|STANDARD||24.5 x 32, 16
|OPTIONAL||23.1 x 26, 14
28L x 26, 16
30.5L x 32, 20
|WIDTH||2 030 mm|
|BATTERY||(2) 12 v|
|ALTERNATOR||80 amp, 24 v|
|SYSTEM VOLTAGE||24 v|
|CAB||Insulated, pressurized and isolation mounted
(2) doors with sliding side windows and hinged screens
Forward sloping windshield
AM/FM digital stereo CD
|SEAT||Extreme duty Turnaround®, air ride
Fully adjustable height, seatback recline, lumbar support and armrests
2-position mechanical lock, 100° rotating for rear-facing drive, heated and cooled
|OPERATOR CONTROLS||Electronic, joystick for blade/steering
Electronic, foot pedal, front and rear with forward/reverse selector switch for drive
Electronic control system with colour display screen interface for machine monitoring and function adjustment
|BLADE||Width 2 030 mm (80 in)|
|STANDARD||Alarm for reverse drive
|OPTIONAL||RemoteLog™ telematics system
LED lighting package
High output LED lighting package
Cold weather kit