The Tigercat rear bogie axle, combined with hydrostatic drive allows the C640E clam bunk skidder to carry extremely large and heavy loads. The massive clambunk grapple elevates the load — significantly reducing drag resistance.
The C640E is an excellent choice for southern US lowland logging applications where the skidders are confined to log mats. The Turnaround seat adds further advantage, allowing the operator to travel blade-forward or grapple-forward on the mats without scarfing comfort or ergonomics.
The C640E can also be equipped with a dump body for other other industrial applications such as road building and other off road hauling duties.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The C640E clam bunk skidder is Tigercat FPT Tier 2 or Tier 4f powered. The Tier 4f engine conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe.
With the Tier 2 engine option, Tigercat brings the benefits of Tigercat power and support to harvesting professionals around the world. Learn more about about Tigercat FPT
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- Turnaround® equipped – the unique two-position rotating seat with full rear facing machine control
- Electronic controlled hydrostatic drive – depress the pedal and go
- Smooth, precise, responsive command of machine functions with advanced, robust electronic control system
- Maximum tractive effort is always available, regardless of engine speed; high breakout performance with minimal wheel spin
- Automatic variable engine speed contributes to excellent fuel economy
- Super-durable, long-life centre section is constructed with thick steel plate, large diameter pins and tapered roller bearings
- High performance, excellent traction and minimal wheel spin in adverse terrain
- Excellent visibility in every direction and clear sightline to all tires
See below related files that you can download.
- C640E clambunk skidder brochure
- C640E clambunk skidder brochure (1.58 Mb)
- C640E clambunk skidder brochure (quick download) (340.67 Kb)
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
Dopson is a well-known name around the Tigercat factories. Charlie and Timmy Dopson are partners of Dopson Timber LLC and their enthusiasm and loyalty to the Tigercat brand is undeniable.