The Tigercat rear bogie axle, combined with hydrostatic drive allows the C640E clam bunk skidder to carry extremely large and heavy loads. The massive clambunk grapple elevates the load – significantly reducing drag resistance.
The C640E is an excellent choice for southern US lowland logging applications where the skidders are confined to log mats. The Turnaround® seat adds further advantage, allowing the operator to travel blade-forward or grapple-forward on the mats without sacrificing comfort or ergonomics.
The C640E can also be equipped with a dump body for other other industrial applications such as road building and other off road hauling duties.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The C640E clambunk skidder is Tigercat FPT Tier 2 or Tier 4f powered. The Tier 4f engine conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe.
With the Tier 2 engine option, Tigercat brings the benefits of Tigercat power and support to harvesting professionals around the world.
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- Turnaround® equipped – the unique two-position rotating seat with full rear facing machine control
- Electronic controlled hydrostatic drive – depress the pedal and go
- Smooth, precise, responsive command of machine functions with advanced, robust electronic control system
- Maximum tractive effort is always available, regardless of engine speed; high breakout performance with minimal wheel spin
- Automatic variable engine speed contributes to excellent fuel economy
- Super-durable, long-life centre section is constructed with thick steel plate, large diameter pins and tapered roller bearings
- High performance, excellent traction and minimal wheel spin in adverse terrain
- Excellent visibility in every direction and clear sightline to all tires
See below related files that you can download.
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
Dopson is a well-known name around the Tigercat factories. Charlie and Timmy Dopson are partners of Dopson Timber LLC and their enthusiasm and loyalty to the Tigercat brand is undeniable.
|LENGTH (metric)||10 290 mm|
|WHEELBASE (metric)||6 325 mm|
|WIDTH (metric)||3 480 mm|
|HEIGHT (metric)||3 150 mm|
|GROUND CLEARANCE (metric)||635 mm|
|WEIGHT (metric)||20 850 kg|
|ENGINE Tier 4f||Tigercat FPT N67 Tier 4f 194 kW (260 hp) @ 2,200 rpm|
|ENGINE Tier 2||Tigercat FPT N67 Tier 2 198 kW (266 hp) @ 2,100 rpm|
|AIR FILTRATION||Precleaner and 2-stage engine air cleaner|
|TOP SPEED (metric)||21 km/h|
|FUEL CAPACITY (metric)||305 L|
|DEF CAPACITY Tier 4f (metric)||43 L|
|TRANSMISSION||Single-speed mechanical Variable speed hydrostatic (2) variable displacement motors|
|AXLE front||Tigercat OB17, outboard planetary, barrel differential, +/- 15° oscillation|
|AXLE rear||Tigercat WOF17 wide-spread bogie, outboard planetary, flange differential|
|DIFFERENTIAL LOCKS||Independent front and rear|
|PUMP, MAIN 1||Piston for all machine functions|
|PUMP, MAIN 2||Gear for cooling|
|FILTRATION||(2) spin-on, 7 micron full-flow|
|CYLINDERS, STEER||(2) 85 mm (3.25 in) bore|
|CYLINDERS, BLADE||(2) 90 mm (3.5 in) bore|
|CYLINDER, POWER CLAM/B-N-T||(2) 127 mm (5 in) bore|
|RESERVOIR (metric)||105 L|
|SECONDARY BRAKES||Enclosed, oil cooled|
|PARK BRAKE||Caliper Spring applied/hydraulic release|
|OPTIONAL||Available upon request|
|STANDARD||Tigercat 2,97 m2 (32 ft2) 2-cylinder, box tong|
|STANDARD, MAXIMUM OPENING (metric)||2 670 mm|
|WIDTH (metric)||2 285 mm|
|WIDTH, With optional blade extensions (metric)||2 920 mm|
|BATTERY||(2) 12 v|
|ALTERNATOR||80 amp, 24 v|
|SYSTEM VOLTAGE||24 v|
|CAB||Insulated, pressurized and isolation mounted air conditioner/heater/defroster (2) doors with slide side windows and hinged screens Forward sloping windshield AM/FM digital stereo CD, CB radio|
|SEAT||Extreme duty Turnaround, air ride Fully adjustable height, seat back recline, lumbar support and armrests 2-position mechanical lock, 100° rotating for rear-facing drive, heated and cooled|
|OPERATOR CONTROLS||Electronic joystick for grapple/blade/steering Electronic foot pedal, front and rear with forward/reverse selector switch for drive Electronic control system with colour LCD display screen interface for machine monitoring and function adjustment|
|STANDARD||Alarm for reverse drive Fuel suction strainer Fire extinguisher Pressurized water system Fenders|
|OPTIONAL||Halogen lighting package HID lighting package Cold weather kit|