L845D Feller Buncher
The L845D is an efficient, high performance mid-sized leveling feller buncher with limited tail-swing and outstanding service access. It is well suited to plantations and natural stands and excels in smaller diameter timber.
The ER® boom system is highly productive in small stem accumulating applications, where multiple boom cycles are required for each swing cycle. Ever versatile, the L845D feller buncher also has the power and stability to handle larger timber.
The FH400 leveling undercarriage has long track frames, a wide stance carbody and super duty leveling components. It all leads to rock-solid stability, poise and operator comfort on steep slopes.
The durable design and construction starts with the Tigercat-built forest duty undercarriage and large diameter swing bearing. The upper assembly is built on a thick, one-piece turntable. All weldments are fabricated from high quality steel to resistant impact.
The clamshell style retracting roof enclosure provides excellent access to the engine house. A swing-out door on the right side of the machine allows the operator to easily access daily engine service points. The hydraulic pumps are separated from the engine enclosure and easily accessed.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The L845D feller buncher is Tigercat FPT Tier 2 or Tier 4f powered. The Tier 4f engine conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe. With the Tier 2 engine configuration, Tigercat brings the benefits of Tigercat power and support to harvesting professionals around the world. Learn more about Tigercat FPT
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- ER boom technology® improves fuel efficiency, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- Tight tuck ER® boom system with quick cycle times for high productivity in small diameter timber
- ER on/off switch to increase increase stick boom out force when required
- Dedicated pumps for both saw and clamp arms for lightning fast cycles and saw recovery
- Super-duty Tigercat-built FH400 forestry undercarriage
- Extreme duty leveling system – massive pins and cylinders and thick steel plate throughout
- High capacity cooling system – automatic variable speed for improved fuel efficiency; automatic reversing cycle to purge dust and debris
- Large air intake area at the rear, away from saw discharge, for reduced debris build-up
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Large front-entry cab – floor to ceiling front windshield with side door access to expansive area behind the seat
See below related files that you can download.
- 845D/L845D feller buncher brochure
- 845D/L845D feller buncher brochure (5.04 Mb)
- 845D/L845D feller buncher brochure (quick download) (612.20 Kb)
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
- Tigercat Develops ER Boom System Friday 4th January 2002