The LS855D shovel logger is a quick, nimble and powerful carrier suited to felling, pre-bunching and shovel logging in steep terrain. The LS855D can be equipped with a grapple or the Tigercat 5195 directional felling head for felling or shovel logging with one machine.
The LS855D can cost effectively forward wood to roadside in steep or wet soil up to distances of 80-100 m. It can be strategically located in challenging parts of the cut block to forward trees to the skidder or fell and bunch for a yarding system. It can also organize stems and decks for the processor at roadside, improving both skidder and processor productivity.
Unlike excavator-based shovel loggers with add-on forestry packages, the LS855D is purpose-built for heavy duty forestry applications. The efficient hydraulic system is optimized for shovel logging and felling with a bar saw head.
- ER boom technology® improves fuel efficiency, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- ER on/off switch to increase increase stick boom out force when required
- Energy recovery swing system – closed loop drive feeds power back to the engine as swing decelerates, reducing heat and fuel consumption and recovering energy for other machine functions
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- Dedicated swing pump – reserves all main hydraulic pump flow for boom and attachment functions, increasing speed and productivity
- Very high tractive effort (367 kN / 82,600 lbf) for excellent performance in extreme terrain
- Super-duty Tigercat-built FH400 forestry undercarriage
- Extreme duty leveling system – massive pins and cylinders and thick steel plate throughout
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Hydraulic components are compartmentalized, separate from the engine and cooling system
- Large front-entry cab – floor to ceiling front windshield with side door access to expansive area behind the seat
See below related files that you can download.
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
Tigercat S855D and LS855D shovel loggers with Tigercat FTP Tier 2 and Tier 4f power for worldwide markets.
The pacific northwest logging community gathered for the 79th Oregon Logging Conference (OLC) in February in Eugene, Oregon.
Passion, pride, and diversity is the key.