LX830D Feller Buncher
The LX830D is a high performance, compact leveling feller buncher designed for steep terrain. The closed loop 'X' track drive system delivers greater speed, performance and efficiency on slopes.Find a Dealer
The LX830D is a powerful and stable leveling feller buncher with compact tail swing. Equipped with the Tigercat FPT Tier 4f engine, it conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe. The LX830D is well suited to steep slope thinning and final felling applications.
The closed loop track drive system delivers outstanding speed and performance along with greater hydraulic efficiency on slopes.
The FH400 leveling undercarriage has long track frames, a wide stance carbody and super duty leveling components. It all leads to rock-solid stability, poise and operator comfort on steep slopes.
The upper assembly is built on a thick, one-piece turntable. All weldments are fabricated from high quality steel to resist impact.
The combination of high horsepower and efficient hydraulic circuits provides the operator with quick, responsive control for high performance and productivity.
The machine is an operator’s dream — quiet, refined and comfortable with ergonomic positioning of controls and clear lines of sight. With a clamshell style retracting engine enclosure, access to daily service points and major components is well beyond anything previously seen in the compact tail swing feller buncher class.
- Tigercat FPT C87 engine with Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- High capacity cooling system – automatic variable speed for improved fuel efficiency; automatic reversing cycle to purge dust and debris
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Hydraulic components are compartmentalized, separate from the engine and cooling system
- ER boom technology® improves fuel efficiency, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- Industry leading operator’s station. Large and well finished with excellent visibility and a refined climate control system.
- Super-duty Tigercat-built FH400 forestry undercarriage
- Extreme duty leveling system – massive pins and cylinders and thick steel plate throughout
See below related files that you can download.
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
The new LX830D feller buncher for steep slope felling applications is Tigercat powered to meet North American Tier 4 emissions requirements.
The pacific northwest logging community gathered for the 79th Oregon Logging Conference (OLC) in February in Eugene, Oregon.
BTB visited with McCoy Grading Inc. and Premier Timber Services LLC in Greenville, Georgia to learn more about the recent purchase of a Tigercat LX830D feller buncher for the companies multi-million dollar grading business.