The Tigercat powered T234B is a versatile track loader with the tractive effort and flotation for difficult loading and sorting as well as light duty shovel logging applications.Find a Dealer
An all-around loader suited to the vast majority of roadside applications, the T234B can be equipped with a pull-through delimber, bar saw slasher, circle saw slasher or grapple saw for maximum flexibility. The strength-to-weight optimized boom system is designed to withstand the forces of high cycle delimbing and loading.
The efficient load sensing hydraulic system with swing priority and energy recovery delivers simultaneous power to all machine functions for high performance and response, while providing excellent fuel efficiency for reduced cost per tonne. The Tigercat FPT Tier 4 engine is perfectly matched to the duty cycle for added efficiency and high performance of the after treatment system.
The operating environment is quiet and refined with excellent climate control, a heated and cooled seat, window blinds and ergonomic controls.
The Tigercat-built full forest duty undercarriage provides excellent tractive effort for mobility on or between decks.
- Tigercat FPT N45 Tier 4 engine – clean, powerful and efficient with simple SCR emission control technology; fully supported by Tigercat
- Extremely efficient load sensing hydraulic system for high performance and fuel savings
- Energy recovery swing system – closed loop drive feeds power back to the engine as swing decelerates, reducing heat and fuel consumption and recovering energy for other machine functions
- Dedicated swing pump – quick swing cycles and enhanced performance in delimbing applications
- Automatic engine idle down for reduced fuel consumption in unsteady wood flow situations
- Large diameter swing bearing; powerful swing torque with smooth starts and stops.
- Heavy duty strength-to-weight optimized boom; designed for heavy lifting and tough duty delimbing
- Heavy duty Tigercat-built F8 forestry undercarriage – excellent stability, ground clearance and tractive effort
- Durable Tigercat cylinders; no aluminum components
- Unmatched service access – hydraulic valves are top accessible underneath the deck plate cover
- Optional (735 mm / 29 in) cab riser for increased visibility in high decking applications.
See below related files that you can download.
- 234B/T234B loader brochure
- 234B/T234B loader brochure (5.61 Mb)
- 234B/T234B loader brochure (quick download) (518.63 Kb)
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
Tigercat has recently released the 234B and T234B series knuckleboom loaders with notable improvements, including the addition of a Tigercat FPT Tier 4f power plant and a totally redesigned cabin.
Southern US style roadside system finds its way to the highlands of Ecuador.
Although heavy rains turned the demo site in the John W. Starr Memorial Forest into something swamp-like, staff from B&G Equipment and Tigercat managed to put together a successful show and machine demonstration.
|LENGTH (metric)||5 260 mm|
|WIDTH (metric)||3 430 mm|
|HEIGHT (metric)||4 395 mm|
|HEIGHT, With cab tilted for transport (metric)||3 555 mm|
|GROUND CLEARANCE (metric)||700 mm|
|WEIGHT (metric)||24 090 kg|
|ENGINE Tier 4f||Tigercat FPT N45 Tier 4f 125 kW (168 hp) @ 2200 rpm (rated) 129 kW (173 hp) @ 1900 rpm (peak) Automatic idle down|
|COOLING||Side-by-side aluminum radiator, oil cooler, charge air cooler and A/C condenser|
|FAN||Fixed pitch, high flow|
|FAN, Optional||Flexxaire® variable pitch, reversing|
|FUEL CAPACITY (metric)||450 L|
|DEF CAPACITY Tier 4f (metric)||43 L|
|PUMP, SWING||Piston, pressure compensated|
|FILTRATION||(4) spin-on, 7 micron full-flow|
|CYLINDER, HOIST||165 mm (6.5 in) bore|
|CYLINDER, STICK||140 mm (5.5 in) bore|
|RESERVOIR (metric)||200 L|
|TRACK FRAMES||F6-140 heavy duty forestry Integral track guides/ramp angles|
|TRACK CHAIN||F8/D6D 203 mm (8 in) pitch sealed and greased|
|FINAL DRIVE||(2) Axial piston motors Infinitely variable speed|
|TRACTIVE EFFORT (metric)||187 kN|
|TRACK||Friction disc Automatic spring applied, hydraulic release|
|SWING||Friction disc Manual spring applied, hydraulic release|
|SWING DRIVE||9 rpm variable, 360˚ continuous rotation Swing priority and energy recovery|
|SWING BEARING||1 190 mm (47 in) ball circle diameter Internal gear teeth Double reduction planetary gearbox|
|COUNTERWEIGHT (metric)||1 590 kg|
|COUNTERWEIGHT, optional (metric)||2 270 kg|
|MAXIMUM REACH (metric)||9 750 mm|
|LIFT CAPACITY (metric)||14 740 kg @ 3,05 m 5 670 kg @ 7,6 m|
|BATTERY||(2) 950 CCA, 12 v|
|ALTERNATOR||80 amp, 24 v|
|SYSTEM VOLTAGE||24 v|
|LIGHTING||Halogen, (2) boom mounted, (3) cab mounted, (1) engine house (1) service, engine house|
|LIGHTING, Optional||LED lighting package|
|CAB||Insulated, pressurized and isolation mounted Forward sloping, tinted polycarbonate windshield with intermittent wiper Sliding tinted side windows; Polycarbonate skylight Window blinds for windshield and skylight A/C, heater, defroster and pressurizer 3-speed fan; Dome light Cell phone holder; (2) 12 v power points; CB radio AM/FM digital stereo with CD player and auxiliary input port Bluetooth® audio and hands-free calling Electronic control system with colour LCD display screen for machine monitoring and function adjustment|
|SEAT||Heavy duty suspension, fully adjustable, heated and cooled|
|BOOM, Optional||Hydraulic joystick|
|SWING||Electric valve, foot operated|
|TRAVEL||Pilot valve, foot operated|
|STANDARD||760 mm (30 in) cab riser|
|OPTIONAL||Tigercat LG4053, LG5057T grapples, continuous rotation Other grapples available Live heel Grapple saw hydraulics Delimber/slasher hydraulics Circle saw slasher hydraulics 1 575 mm (62 in) 'mill yard' cab riser F6-152 undercarriage RemoteLog™ telematics system|