Last Updated: July 24, 2018
Personal information is any information about you as an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include information that is about a company or other legal entity and not an individual, such as a business address, business email address, and business telephone number or business fax number.
How We Collect Personal Information
As a current or potential user of Tigercat products, there are many ways that we could acquire personal information about you. This includes, but is not limited to, the following methods:
- When you contact our staff or an authorized Tigercat distributor to request information about a Tigercat product you may be interested in (including, but not limited to, telephone, fax, traditional post and email),
- When you enter into a purchase, rental or lease agreement with an authorized Tigercat distributor,
- When you have an authorized Tigercat distributor service your machine,
- When you purchase parts from an authorized Tigercat distributor,
- If you participate in a Tigercat survey, contest or promotion,
- When you contact us with a question, including a question regarding our products, or contact us for another purpose, including when you use the “Ask an Expert” feature on one of our website,
- When you complete our warranty registration process,
- If you subscribe to receive communications from us, including our Between the Branches magazine,
- When you otherwise choose to provide personal information to us
What Information Do We Collect?
During the various types of contact discussed in the previous paragraph, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address and fax number,
- Information you provide us or that is provided to you when you create an account, such as your user name, and Tigercat account password,
- Information regarding your occupation, and any biographical data you choose to provide to us,
- Information about your company [A8] (e.g. number of crews, terrain normally encountered, species, age and size of timber encountered, description of harvesting method and type of operation),
- Information about your current equipment and any trade-in(s),
- Details of your machine, including its service history and warranty status, and the dealer you interact with,
- Information regarding your preferences, such as whether you want to be contacted by us, and
- Other information you choose to provide us.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- operate our websites in accordance with their terms and conditions,
- facilitate, complete or confirm, an agreement you choose to enter with us,
- provide products and services to you such as, but not limited to, reminder notices that your vehicle requires servicing,
- respond to your questions or inquiries,
- administer our warranty program,
- conduct market research and surveys,
- conduct promotional activities, including contests,
- improve our products, services and website,
- supply you with requested information, such as our Between the Branches magazine,
- verify with you whether the information we hold regarding you is correct,
- send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive, such as information regarding products and services that we have to offer that we think that will be of interest to you (such as our newsletter, product support bulletins and product literature),
- carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent, and
- carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law, such as informing you of a recall that may affect you.
Personal information we collect online may also be combined with information you have provided to us through other sources such as over the telephone.
We host the website tigercatab.se for our Swedish affiliate, Tigercat AB. This site includes an “Ask an Expert” function, which may allow you to submit your name, email address and telephone number. We use this information to respond to your questions, and for promotional activities.
We may also: (i) use your data and personal information to create aggregate, anonymized data sets; and (ii) compile statistical and other information related to your Tigercat equipment, and use such information in aggregate form, for security and operations management, to create statistical analyses, improve and enhance our products and services, and for research and development purposes.
Sometimes We Share Your Personal Information With Others
We do not sell your information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with authorized Tigercat distributors and the providers of products or services relating to your machine, financial institutions or financing agencies, your insurance agent or company and companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your machine, industry statistics agencies.
We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed. We may also use, or disclose personal information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property. Lastly, we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose to which you consent.
How Do We Collect, Use and Disclose Telematics Data?
If you use a Tigercat product that collects telematics data, and you have entered a telematics agreement with us , we may collect telematics data accordance with that telematics agreement. Subject to and without limiting the telematics agreement, such data may include data regarding your product, such as its uptime, utilization times, operating data, performance data, engine monitoring data (e.g. fuel consumption, engine hours, technical engine parameters, etc.), equipment performance parameters (e.g. hydraulic system performance, use of various equipment functions, distance traveled, etc.), telematics systems information (e.g. data used, signal performance, software versions, etc.), equipment geographical position, operator identification, equipment internal alerts and/or alarms, logs of acceptance and/or cancellation of alarms by the operator, time stamps, time when the equipment was performing its functions above settable thresholds, equipment down-time, equipment idle-time, equipment off-line time, other equipment location information, altitude, equipment performance, diagnostics and error codes, and other data regarding the use and operation of our product (collectively, “Telematics Data”).
We may use Telematics Data in accordance with that telematics agreement. Subject to and without limiting the telematics agreement, we may use such data to: understand all aspects of the use and operation of your Tigercat equipment, update software, help facilitate maintenance and repairs to your Tigercat equipment, remotely service, alter or upgrade the performance of your Tigercat equipment, aggregate and examine all collected information with like information from other subscribers, make reports to regulatory and law enforcement authorities based on collected information, monitor and optimize your Tigercat equipment maintenance and service, enable Tigercat and its service providers to improve or develop products and services, or components thereof, identify new usage types of the Tigercat equipment, and offer products and/or services to you.
How Do We Collect Information Through Cookies, and Other Technological Means?
When you visit on of our websites, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, how long you spend on our website, what parts of it you view, and the files you request). We use this information to better understand how visitors use and interact with our websites, and to improve our websites. The amount of information that is sent by your web browser depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this.
We may use a feature on your Internet browser called a “cookie” and/or other similar devices. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your computer’s or device’s hard drive. They are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, and for load balancing. Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (iii) the pages of the Site a user visits.
Your browser gives you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser’s performance and will adversely affect your experience while using our websites.
When you create an account with us, we may gather data related to the use of your account, including all data and information related thereto, including but not limited to statistical information by logging IP addresses, browser type, operating system, referring/exit page, and date/time stamp for various purposes , including but not limited to research, advertising, customer experience testing and due diligence.
The Security of Your Personal Information is Important to Us
Although we have taken measures to help protect our websites, computer systems and any personal information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in Europe and the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the Personal Information.
How Long Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We will continue to use your personal information as long as we believe that you work in or have an interest in timber harvesting and production. We will discontinue the use of your personal information: i) once we are notified in writing that you are no longer involved in or have interest in the timber harvesting industry, ii) if we believe your personal information is inaccurate and we are not provided current personal information, or iii) if you withdraw your consent to our use of your information, and we do not have another legal basis for using that personal information.
What Can You do if You Want to Limit the Use to Which We Put Your Personal Information?
For purchasers of our products, most of the personal information that we collect is necessary for us to provide the products and services related to the machine.
If you are receiving commercial email or text messages from us and no longer want to get these messages, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe mechanism in this messages. For other uses and disclosure of your personal information, if you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information as described above, please contact our Privacy Officer (as described above) in writing and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
You can request access to or correction of your Personal Information
You have a right to access the personal information that we have about you and to request that personal information, which you believe to be inaccurate, be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact our Privacy Officer (as described below) in writing. Please note that in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If a child has already provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
Third Party Sites
Any links from our websites to other websites, or references to products, services or publications other than those of Tigercat, do not imply the endorsement or approval of such websites, products, services or publications by us.
Who do you contact should you have any questions or concerns?
Tigercat Industries Inc.
54 Morton Ave East
Brantford, ON N3R 7J5