The 880D is purpose-built to eliminate the design compromises found in excavator conversions. The upper frame assembly and undercarriage are designed for full forest duty.
One machine. Three jobs.
The 880D can be configured as a loader with various power clam and butt-n-top grapple options. The boom geometry and cab positioning provide unmatched right-hand side visibility. Equipped with a live heel boom system, the 880D is a highly capable shovel logger with excellent stability, tractive effort and swing torque. The 880D can also be configured as high capacity processor capable of running large harvesting heads in demanding duty cycles.
Some of the many advantages of the 880D over excavator conversions include higher cooling capacity, a better operating environment, stronger undercarriage components and extremely efficient hydraulic circuits. The result is higher production, uptime and fuel efficiency for lower operating cost per tonne.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The 880D loader is Tigercat FPT Tier 2 or Tier 4f powered. Tier 4f conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe. With the Tier 2 engine configuration, Tigercat brings the benefits of Tigercat power and support to harvesting professionals around the world.
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- High horsepower engine significantly increases machine productivity and multi-function speed relative to excavator conversions without compromising fuel efficiency
- Dedicated swing pump – reserves all main hydraulic pump flow for boom and attachment functions, increasing speed and productivity
- Energy recovery swing system – closed loop drive feeds power back to the engine as swing decelerates, reducing heat and fuel consumption and recovering energy for other machine functions
- Large diameter swing bearing with twin swing drives for high torque and long life
- Power operated side door and clamshell-style roof enclosure for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Super-duty Tigercat-built FH400 forestry undercarriage
- High illumination LED lighting – low glare, daylight working conditions for high nightshift productivity, reduced operator fatigue
- High capacity cooling system – automatic variable speed for improved fuel efficiency; automatic reversing cycle to purge dust and debris
- Full length front window and additional floor windows for clear sightline to the tracks
See below related files that you can download.
News & Articles
The 880D supersedes the highly successful Tigercat 880 -- a heavy duty, purpose-built forestry carrier that can be configured for loading, shovel logging or processing.
Early reports indicate prototype is right on the money.
Tigercat 880D is configured for more efficient foundation pile installations.
The pacific northwest logging community gathered for the 79th Oregon Logging Conference (OLC) in February in Eugene, Oregon.
Over its 49-year history, DEMO International has evolved into one of North America’s largest, most distinctive forestry equipment events and the 13th edition this past September in beautiful British Columbia was no exception.
Tigercat dealers have sold many, many 880 loggers on the western half of the North American continent. With just a handful of machines in Quebec, this 880 is a first of its kind sold into the southeastern United States.
During a recent Parker Pacific customer visit to the Tigercat facilities, Tigercat took the opportunity to acknowledge George Funk of Blue Valley Enterprises Ltd. who purchased the first 880 logger.
|WIDTH with steps||3 630 mm|
|HEIGHT transport||3 430 mm|
|GROUND CLEARANCE||710 mm|
|WEIGHT less attachment||42 640 kg|
|TAIL SWING RADIUS||3 500 mm|
|ENGINE Tier 4f||Tigercat FPT N67 Tier 4f|
212 kW (285 hp) @ 2200 rpm (rated)
230 kW (308 hp) @ 2000 rpm (peak)
|ENGINE Tier 2||Tigercat FPT N67 Tier 2|
205 kW (275 hp) @ 2100 rpm (rated)
230 kW (308 hp) @ 2000 rpm (peak)
|AIR FILTRATION||Precleaner, 2-stage engine air cleaner|
|COOLING||Side-by-side aluminum radiator, oil cooler,|
charge air cooler and A/C condenser
|Optional||Removable intake debris screen|
|FAN||Hydraulic driven automatic variable speed, reversible|
|FUEL CAPACITY||1 000 L|
|FUEL CAPACITY Tier 2||1 300 L|
|DEF CAPACITY Tier 4f||80 L|
|LOW RANGE||2,3 km/h|
|HIGH RANGE||4,5 km/h|
|PUMP, MAIN||Piston, load sensing|
|PUMP, SWING||Piston, closed loop, energy recovery|
|PUMP, ATTACHMENT||Piston, load sensing|
|PUMP, COOLING FAN||Piston|
|FILTRATION||(5) Spin-on, 7 micron full flow|
(1) water absorbing
|CYLINDERS, HOIST||(2) 150 mm (5.9 in) bore|
|CYLINDER, STICK||170 mm (6.7 in) bore|
|CYLINDER, TILT||110 mm (4.3 in) bore|
|CYLINDER, LIVE HEEL||130 mm (5.2 in) bore|
|HORSEPOWER CONTROL||Electronic speed sensing|
|TRACK FRAMES||F7-163 heavy duty forestry|
Integral track guides, ramp angles
|TRACK CHAIN||FH400 215 mm (8.5 in) pitch|
|FINAL DRIVE||(2) Axial piston motors|
Infinitely variable speed
|TRACTIVE EFFORT||334 kN|
|GEARBOX||Triple reduction planetary with brake|
|FRONT IDLER||Hydraulic track adjuster|
Spring shock absorber
|SLIDES, UPPER||Replaceable, bolt-on|
|ROLLERS, LOWER||(9) FH400 single/double flange, excavator|
|TRACK SHOE||710 mm (28 in) double grouser, tall lug|
Automatic spring applied, hydraulic release
Manual spring applied, hydraulic release
|SWING DRIVE||6,4 rpm variable speed|
360° continuous rotation
Double reduction, twin swing drive planetary
Twin piston swing motors
|SWING BEARING||1 575 mm (62 in) ball circle diameter|
|ENCLOSURE||Hydraulically operated roof and side engine|
enclosure with manual backup
Large air intake for cooling system
|MAXIMUM RADIUS||11 355 mm|
|BARE PIN LIFT full reach||7 620 kg|
|MAXIMUM RADIUS||11 660 mm|
|BARE PIN LIFT full reach||6 990 kg|
|MAXIMUM RADIUS||12 650 mm|
|BATTERY||(2) 12 v|
|ALTERNATOR||110 amp, 24 v|
|SYSTEM VOLTAGE||24 v|
|LIGHTING||(12) Hight output LED|
(5) LED service, engine enclosure
|CAB||Insulated and pressurized|
A/C, heater and defroster
Full length polycarbonate windshield
Polycarbonate side, rear, door and floor windows
AM/FM digital stereo with CD player
(2) Power points
|SEAT||Full suspension air ride, fully adjustable|
Armrest mounted Tigercat joysticks
|OPERATOR CONTROLS||Hydraulic proportional boom/travel/swing|
Electronic for horsepower/fan control
Electric switch for swing brake/speed
Electronic control system with colour LCD display
screen interface for machine monitoring and function adjustment
|STANDARD||Fuel suction strainer|
Alarm for track movement
Load ticket chute
|OPTIONAL||Cold weather kit|
High view cab mounted camera system
Heavy duty stick cylinder guard
Jaw/tilt control swap
Butt-n-top tilt float
Long reach butt-n-top stick boom
Slasher saw hydraulics
RemoteLog™ telematics system