Purpose built for demanding harvesting and roadside processing applications, the LH855E harvester offers performance and durability advantages over excavator conversions. The result is significantly higher production, greater uptime and better fuel efficiency for lower operating cost per tonne of processed logs.
All new operator’s cab
Key to the LH855E redesign is the new improved operator’s station. The front door hinge has been redeigned for effortless closing. Narrower side posts offer improved visibility along with skyVIEW and rearVIEW camera systems.
Optimally positioned controls and new larger touch screen display improve ergonomics and machine monitoring. Reduced noise levels help the operator to better enjoy the auxiliary audio input port, Bluetooth® audio and hands free calling.
ER technology and optimized hydraulics
The new 3-way ER boom system offers increased choice based on operating conditions. With three modes, ER can be actuated or disabled. The new semi-ER mode allows the operator to extend the boom on a horizontal plane using a single joystick but retracts the boom with the increased power of both cylinders, doubling the ER pull force.
The combination of high horsepower and harvester head optimized hydraulics provide the operator with responsive control, quick feed speed and powerful delimbing capability for high performance and productivity.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The LH855E harvester is Tigercat FPT Tier 2 or Tier 4f powered. The Tier 4f engine conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe.
With the Tier 2 engine option, Tigercat brings the benefits of Tigercat power and support to harvesting professionals around the world.
Forest duty construction
The durable design and construction starts with the Tigercat-built forest duty undercarriage and large diameter swing bearing. The upper assembly is built on a thick, one-piece turntable. All weldments are fabricated from high quality steel to resistant impact.
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- ER boom technology® improves fuel efficiency, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- Optional long-reach ER® telescopic boom system for reduced travel and ground disturbance
- Heavy duty Tigercat-built F8 forestry undercarriage – excellent stability, ground clearance and tractive effort
- High capacity cooling system – automatic variable speed for improved fuel efficiency; automatic reversing cycle to purge dust and debris
- Large air intake area at the rear, away from saw discharge, for reduced debris build-up
- Large front-entry cab – floor to ceiling front windshield with side door access to expansive area behind the seat
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Clear access to pumps and valves and engine; far superior to excavator conversions
See below related files that you can download.
- H855E/LH855E harvester brochure
- H855E/LH855E Harvester Brochure (15.17 Mb)
- H855E/LH855E Harvester Brochure (quick download) (1.81 Mb)
News & Articles
Tigercat continues to evolve the purpose-built 855 forestry carrier platform with the introduction of an improved cab.
The H855D and LH855D harvesters equipped with the fuel-efficient Tigercat FPT N67 engine are offered worldwide in 2017.