Quick, powerful and productive, the Tigercat powered 234B knuckleboom loader offers high performance and the best fuel efficiency in its class for low cost per tonne merchandizing and loading.Find a Dealer
An all-around loader suited to the vast majority of roadside applications, the 234B can be equipped with a pull-through delimber, bar saw slasher, circle saw slasher or grapple saw for maximum flexibility. The strength-to-weight optimized boom system is designed to withstand the forces of high cycle delimbing and loading.
The efficient load sensing hydraulic system with swing priority and energy recovery delivers simultaneous power to all machine functions for high performance and response, while providing excellent fuel efficiency for reduced cost per tonne.
The Tigercat FPT Tier4 engine is perfectly matched to the duty cycle for added efficiency and high performance of the after treatment system.
The operating environment is quiet and refined with excellent climate control, a heated and cooled seat, window blinds and ergonomic controls.
The 234B is also available with the Tigercat AC16 articulating carrier for mill yard applications. Equipped with Tigercat’s WideRange™ drive system, the AC16 achieves high tractive effort to handle tough terrain and towing applications.
- Tigercat FPT N45 Tier 4 engine – clean, powerful and efficient with simple SCR emission control technology; fully supported by Tigercat
- Extremely efficient load sensing hydraulic system for high performance and fuel savings
- Energy recovery swing system – closed loop drive feeds power back to the engine as swing decelerates, reducing heat and fuel consumption and recovering energy for other machine functions
- Dedicated swing pump – quick swing cycles and enhanced performance in delimbing applications
- Automatic engine idle down for reduced fuel consumption in unsteady wood flow situations
- Large diameter swing bearing; powerful swing torque with smooth starts and stops.
- Heavy duty strength-to-weight optimized boom; designed for heavy lifting and tough duty delimbing
- Rigid, fabricated subframe is generously sized for excellent stability
- Durable Tigercat cylinders; no aluminum components
- High capacity cooling system
- Very quiet operating environment (64 – 68 dB)
- Excellent climate control, heated/cooled seats and window blinds
See below related files that you can download.
- 234B/T234B loader brochure
- 234B/T234B loader brochure (5.61 Mb)
- 234B/T234B loader brochure (quick download) (518.63 Kb)
- AC16 articulating carrier brochure
- AC16 articulating carrier brochure (5.53 Mb)
- AC16 Articulating Carrier brochure (quick download) (770.64 Kb)
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
Tigercat has recently released the 234B and T234B series knuckleboom loaders with notable improvements, including the addition of a Tigercat FPT Tier 4f power plant and a totally redesigned cabin.
BTB spoke with Marvin Thomas Sykes, owner of M.T. Sykes Logging and 27-year-old son Colton Sykes to learn more about their all-Tigercat harvesting operations.
Fourth generation logger, Larry Richards talks about his operations in the Adirondacks and leveraging the knowledge and expertise of the team to capture more value – for the company and the landowners.
It was a cold and muddy weekend during the Paul Bunyan show hosted at the Cambridge Ohio Fairgrounds October 2-4.
C.K. Greene has made his mark in the Virginia logging industry and stays humble through all his recent growth and success.
250D with AC16 carrier gets high marks in hardwood sawmill.