Quick, powerful and productive, the Tigercat powered 234B knuckleboom loader offers high performance and the best fuel efficiency in its class for low cost per tonne merchandizing and loading.Find a Dealer
An all-around loader suited to the vast majority of roadside applications, the 234B can be equipped with a pull-through delimber, bar saw slasher, circle saw slasher or grapple saw for maximum flexibility. The strength-to-weight optimized boom system is designed to withstand the forces of high cycle delimbing and loading.
The efficient load sensing hydraulic system with swing priority and energy recovery delivers simultaneous power to all machine functions for high performance and response, while providing excellent fuel efficiency for reduced cost per tonne.
The Tigercat FPT Tier4 engine is perfectly matched to the duty cycle for added efficiency and high performance of the after treatment system.
The operating environment is quiet and refined with excellent climate control, a heated and cooled seat, window blinds and ergonomic controls.
The 234B is also available with the Tigercat AC16 articulating carrier for mill yard applications. Equipped with Tigercat’s WideRange™ drive system, the AC16 achieves high tractive effort to handle tough terrain and towing applications.
- Tigercat FPT N45 Tier 4 engine – clean, powerful and efficient with simple SCR emission control technology; fully supported by Tigercat
- Extremely efficient load sensing hydraulic system for high performance and fuel savings
- Energy recovery swing system – closed loop drive feeds power back to the engine as swing decelerates, reducing heat and fuel consumption and recovering energy for other machine functions
- Dedicated swing pump – quick swing cycles and enhanced performance in delimbing applications
- Automatic engine idle down for reduced fuel consumption in unsteady wood flow situations
- Large diameter swing bearing; powerful swing torque with smooth starts and stops.
- Heavy duty strength-to-weight optimized boom; designed for heavy lifting and tough duty delimbing
- Rigid, fabricated subframe is generously sized for excellent stability
- Durable Tigercat cylinders; no aluminum components
- High capacity cooling system
- Very quiet operating environment (64 – 68 dB)
- Excellent climate control, heated/cooled seats and window blinds
See below related files that you can download.
- 234B/T234B loader brochure
- 234B/T234B loader brochure (8.53 Mb)
- 234B/T234B loader brochure (quick download) (930.77 Kb)
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
Tigercat has recently released the 234B and T234B series knuckleboom loaders with notable improvements, including the addition of a Tigercat FPT Tier 4f power plant and a totally redesigned cabin.
BTB spoke with Marvin Thomas Sykes, owner of M.T. Sykes Logging and 27-year-old son Colton Sykes to learn more about their all-Tigercat harvesting operations.
Fourth generation logger, Larry Richards talks about his operations in the Adirondacks and leveraging the knowledge and expertise of the team to capture more value – for the company and the landowners.
It was a cold and muddy weekend during the Paul Bunyan show hosted at the Cambridge Ohio Fairgrounds October 2-4.
C.K. Greene has made his mark in the Virginia logging industry and stays humble through all his recent growth and success.
250D with AC16 carrier gets high marks in hardwood sawmill.
|LENGTH (metric)||4 900 mm|
|WIDTH (metric)||2 590 mm|
|HEIGHT (metric)||3 530 mm|
|WEIGHT (metric)||15 130 kg|
|ENGINE Tier 4f||Tigercat FPT N45 Tier 4f 125 kW (168 hp) @ 2200 rpm (rated) 129 kW (173 hp) @ 1900 rpm (peak) Automatic idle down|
|COOLING||Side-by-side aluminum radiator, oil cooler, charge air cooler and A/C condenser|
|FAN||Fixed pitch, high flow|
|FAN, Optional||Flexxaire® variable pitch, reversing|
|FUEL CAPACITY (metric)||378 L|
|DEF CAPACITY Tier 4f (metric)||43 L|
|PUMP, SWING||Piston, pressure compensated|
|FILTRATION||(4) spin-on, 7 micron full-flow|
|CYLINDER, HOIST||165 mm (6.5 in) bore|
|CYLINDER, STICK||140 mm (5.5 in) bore|
|CYLINDERS, STABILIZERS||(4) 165 mm (6.5 in) bore, bolt-on bi-directional lock valves|
|RESERVOIR (metric)||200 L|
|LENGTH less step (metric)||4 290 mm|
|SUPPORT BASE (metric)||3 810 mm x 4 650 m|
|STABILIZER PADS (metric)||585 mm x 710 mm|
|SWING DRIVE||9 rpm variable, 360˚ continuous rotation Swing priority and energy recovery|
|SWING BEARING||1 190 mm (47 in) ball circle diameter Internal gear teeth Double reduction planetary gearbox|
|COUNTERWEIGHT (metric)||910 kg|
|MAXIMUM REACH (metric)||9 750 mm|
|LIFT CAPACITY (metric)||14 740 kg @ 3,05 m 5 670 kg @ 7,6 m|
|BATTERY||(2) 950 CCA, 12 v|
|ALTERNATOR||80 amp, 24 v|
|SYSTEM VOLTAGE||24 v|
|LIGHTING||Halogen, (2) boom mounted, (3) cab mounted, (1) engine house (1) service, engine house|
|LIGHTING, Optional||LED lighting package|
|CAB||Insulated, pressurized and isolation mounted Forward sloping, tinted polycarbonate windshield with intermittent wiper Sliding tinted side windows Polycarbonate skylight Window blinds for windshield and skylight A/C, heater, defroster and pressurizer 3-speed fan; Dome light Cell phone holder; (2) 12 v power points; CB radio AM/FM digital stereo with CD player and auxiliary input port Bluetooth® audio and hands-free calling Electronic control system with colour LCD display screen for machine monitoring and function adjustment|
|SEAT||Heavy duty suspension, fully adjustable, heated and cooled|
|BOOM, Optional||Hydraulic joystick|
|SWING||Pilot valve, foot operated|
|STANDARD||Delimber/bar saw slasher hydraulics|
|OPTIONAL||Tigercat LG4053, LG5057T grapples, continuous rotation Other grapples available Live Heel Grapple saw hydraulics Circle saw slasher hydraulics Self-propelled hydraulics RemoteLog 8482 telematics system 760 mm (30 in) cab riser|