The S855E shovel logger is a quick, nimble and powerful carrier suited to felling, pre-bunching and shovel logging. The S855E can be equipped with a grapple or the Tigercat 5195 directional felling head for felling or shovel logging with one machine.
The S855E can cost effectively forward wood to roadside up to distances of 80-100 m. It can be strategically located in parts of the cut block to forward trees to the skidder or fell and bunch for a yarding system. It can also organize stems and decks for the processor at roadside, improving both skidder and processor productivity.
Unlike excavator-based shovel loggers with add-on forestry packages, the S855E is purpose-built for heavy duty forestry applications. The efficient hydraulic system is optimized for shovel logging and felling with a bar saw head.
- ER boom technology® improves fuel efficiency, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- ER on/off switch to increase increase stick boom out force when required
- Energy recovery swing system – closed loop drive feeds power back to the engine as swing decelerates, reducing heat and fuel consumption and recovering energy for other machine functions
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- Dedicated swing pump – reserves all main hydraulic pump flow for boom and attachment functions, increasing speed and productivity
- Very high tractive effort (367 kN / 82,600 lbf) for excellent performance in extreme terrain
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Hydraulic components are compartmentalized, separate from the engine and cooling system
- Large front-entry cab – floor to ceiling front windshield with side door access to expansive area behind the seat
See below related files that you can download.
News & Articles
Tigercat continues to evolve the purpose-built 855 forestry carrier platform with the introduction of an improved cab.