The LS855C shovel logger is a quick, nimble and powerful carrier suited to felling, pre-bunching and shovel logging in steep terrain. The LS855C can be equipped with a grapple or the Tigercat 5195 directional felling head for felling and shovel logging with one machine.
The LS855C can cost effectively forward wood to roadside in steep or wet soil up to distances of 80-100 m. It can be strategically located in challenging parts of the cut block to forward trees to the skidder or fell and bunch for a yarding system. It can also organize stems and decks for the processor at roadside, improving both skidder and processor productivity.
Unlike excavator-based shovel loggers with add-on forestry packages, the LS855C is purpose-built for heavy duty forestry applications. The efficient hydraulic system is optimized for shovel logging and felling with a bar saw head.
- ER boom technology® improves fuel efficiency, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- ER on/off switch to increase stick boom out force when required
- Energy recovery swing system – closed loop drive feeds power back to the engine as swing decelerates, reducing heat and fuel consumption and recovering energy for other machine functions
- Dedicated swing pump – reserves all main hydraulic pump flow for boom and attachment functions, increasing speed and productivity
- Very high tractive effort (367 kN / 82,600 lbf) for excellent performance in extreme terrain
- Super-duty Tigercat-built FH400 forestry undercarriage
- Extreme duty leveling system – massive pins and cylinders and thick steel plate throughout
- Efficient, high capacity cooling system with variable pitch fan and automatic reversing cycle
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Hydraulic components are compartmentalized, separate from the engine and cooling system
- Large front-entry cab – floor to ceiling front windshield with side door access to expansive area behind the seat
See below related files that you can download.
- S855C/LS855C shovel logger brochure
- S855C/LS855C shovel logger brochure (6.23 Mb)
- S855C/LS855C shovel logger brochure (quick download) (580.77 Kb)
News & Articles
- New Product: LS855C Shovel Logger Friday 4th December 2009
- BTB 39: SUNCHIP GROUP
- BTB 36: Steep Slope Harvesting New Zealand Style
- BTB 36: Tigercat 5195
- BTB 34: Eucalyptus Specialist
- BTB 27: The World of Klabin