With innovative, asymmetrical geometry and a three-arm design, the 5400 felling saw is versatile with the ability to bunch smaller stems or fell large diameter timber, accumulate a number of small trees in parallel alignment, increasing both feller buncher and skidder productivity.
Larger trees, up to 545 mm (22 in) diameter are centered on the butt plate for excellent balance and control. Small diameter trees are accumulated and stored in the offset pocket.
- Unique three-arm asymmetric single post design for excellent bunching performance
- Improves both feller buncher and skidder productivity by increasing number of cut stems per cycle and by laying down tight, parallel aligned skidder bunchers
- Three wrist options: 30, 110, 340 degree rotation
- Cushioned cylinders for long life
- Recessed saw blade and clever guarding reduce the throw angle and deflect chips downward, decreasing saw recovery time
See below related files that you can download.
- Felling head brochure
- Disc saws and shears brochure (4.84 Mb)