1800 Bunching Shear
Tigercat's innovative line of patented bunching shears significantly improves system productivity in high volume pulpwood plantation applications.
Tigercat bunching shears increase the productivity of the entire harvesting system while reducing cost per tonne. Feller buncher productivity and efficiency improves because more trees are cut per cycle, reducing unnecessary machine travel. Skidder productivity and efficiency improves because the bunches are large, well aligned and easy to pick up.
For pulpwood applications, the bunching shear is a simple, low maintenance, low cost alternative to disc saw felling heads and preferable in rocky or abrasive soil conditions. The 1800 can be fitted to both drive-to-tree and track feller bunchers.
The 1800 is a fast, high capacity bunching shear best suited to small diameter pulpwood and biomass harvesting applications. The optional high pressure smaller bore cylinder provides even quicker shear cycles.
With standard 150 mm (6 in) bore cylinder
Softwood: 460 mm (18 in) Hardwood: 380 mm (15 in)
With optional 115 mm (4.5 in) bore cylinder
Softwood: 355 mm (14 in) Hardwood: 305 mm (12 in)
- Cushioned cylinders for long life
- The industry’s hardest shear blades; the blades can be switched and flipped to balance wear
- Improves both feller buncher and skidder productivity by increasing number of cut stems per cycle and by laying down tight, parallel aligned skidder bunchers
- Twin post design with offset pocket for excellent visibility
- Deep accumulating pocket places the load closer to the machine for improved stability
- More cutting and less machine travel; the unique two-arm design allows more trees to be stored before stopping to dump the accumulated bunch
See below related files that you can download.
- Felling head brochure
- Disc saws and shears brochure (4.84 Mb)