The 5300 bunching saw boosts feller buncher productivity in smaller diameter plantation wood under 405 mm (16 in). It has greater accumulating capacity than the 5000 bunching saw but the added weight of the additional trees and extra steel in the structure means that the 5300 is only suited to the 87oC series track carriers. Tigercat bunching saws increase the productivity of the entire harvesting system while reducing cost per tonne. Feller buncher productivity and efficiency improves because more trees are cut per cycle, reducing unnecessary machine travel. Skidder productivity and efficiency improves because the bunches are large, well aligned and easy to pick up.
- Twin post design with offset pocket for excellent visibility
- Deep accumulating pocket places the load closer to the machine for improved stability
- Optimal chip deflection. Quick blade recovery, chips are discharged downward
- Convenient lubrication points for quick maintenance routines
- Built to last. Cushioned cylinders and heavy duty saw drive system
- Standard or high rotation wrist options
See below related files that you can download.
- Felling Heads Brochure
- Felling Heads Brochure – Limited Accessibility (13.94 Mb)
News & Articles
Tigercat representatives along with an Australian customer group made the trek to Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan in August to have a look at the prototype 568 harvesting head purchased and currently being tested by Brander Enterprises.
Tigercat sold its first unit into Australia (also the first Tigercat machine sold outside of North America) to Kevin Morgan back in early 2000.
Attachment product manager, Duane Barlow, talks about Tigercat’s high capacity bunching saw line-up and the new 5300 bunching saw.
|WIDTH||1 765 mm|
|HEIGHT less skis||2 625 mm|
|DEPTH||1 655 mm|
|BASE WEIGHT||2 650 kg|
|FRONT OPENING||900 mm|
|SINGLE CUT CAPACITY||545 mm
|ACCUMULATING AREA||0,62 m²|
|Including blade||0,74 m²|
|ACCUMULATING CAPACITY||(13) trees 15 cm (6 in) diameter
|ACCUMULATING ARM||90 mm (3.5 in) bore|
|CLAMP ARM||90 mm (3.5 in) bore|
|340° WRIST||3-motor drive, high torque|
|DISC series 74||1 370 mm (54 in) diameter 1-piece
Carbide or hardened steel
|BLADE SPEED||1,150 rpm|
|SAW DRIVE||Direct drive