The 5702 is designed to fell and control large diameter and top heavy trees with a single cut capacity of 585 mm (23 in). The 5702 is best suited to large timber, large limbed hardwood, lowland hardwood with flared butts and mixed diameter natural stands.
Strength-to-weight optimized the 5702 is lighter than competing class heads without compromising structural integrity.
- Optimally positioned accumulator and grab arms
- Robust, cushioned, high pressure Tigercat cylinders for speed, powerful holding force and long life
- Massive 1,320 mm (52 in) throat opening to easily accommodate butt flare
- Three wrist options: 30, 110, 340 degree rotation
- Recessed saw blade and clever guarding reduce the throw angle and deflect chips downward, decreasing saw recovery time
See below related files that you can download.
- Felling head brochure
- Disc saws and shears brochure (4.84 Mb)
News & Articles
Next generation Tigercat 5702 felling saw is enhanced for versatility and increased performance.
|WIDTH (metric)||1 620 mm|
|HEIGHT less skis (metric)||2 820 mm|
|DEPTH (metric)||1 700 mm|
|BASE WEIGHT (metric)||2 690 kg|
|FRONT OPENING (metric)||1 320 mm|
|30˚ WRIST||1-cylinder; 127 mm (5 in) bore|
|340˚ WRIST||3-motor drive|
|110˚ WRIST||2-cylinder adjustable; 115 mm (4.5 in) bore|
|ACCUMULATING/CLAMP ARMS||(2) 90 mm (3.5 in) bore for DTT feller buncher installs (2) 95 mm (3.75 in) bore for track feller buncher installs|
|MAXIMUM CUT (metric)||585 mm|
|ACCUMULATING AREA (metric)||0,36 m²|
|ACCUMULATING AREA, Including blade (metric)||0,5 m²|
|DISC series 74||1 450 mm (57 in) diameter; 1-piece|
|KERF||57 mm (2.25 in)|
|TEETH||(18) rotatable; Carbide or hardened steel|
|BLADE SPEED||1,150 rpm|
|SAW DRIVE||Direct drive; Piston motor|