5500 Felling Saw
Maximum flexibility. The Tigercat 5500 felling saw blends big timber felling performance and small stem bunching ability. It is a high performer in mixed diameter timber stands.Find a Dealer
Similar to Tigercat bunching saws, the 5500 felling saw uses a two-arm configuration combined with an offset pocket. To accommodate larger timber and maintain machine balance, the pocket is shallower and closer to centre.
The 5500 series felling saw is available for drive-to-tree feller bunchers and enhances versatility in mixed and natural stands. The 5500 is also an excellent choice for contractors requiring the flexibility required to move between thinning and final fell jobs.
- Unique design places smaller stems in the accumulating pocket while centring large diameter trees
- Improves both feller buncher and skidder productivity by increasing number of cut stems per cycle and by laying down tight, parallel aligned skidder bunchers
- More cutting and less machine travel; the unique two-arm design allows more trees to be stored before stopping to dump the accumulated bunch
- Twin post design with offset pocket for excellent visibility
- Cushioned cylinders for long life
- Recessed saw blade and clever guarding reduce the throw angle and deflect chips downward, decreasing saw recovery time
See below related files that you can download.
- Felling head brochure
- Disc saws and shears brochure (4.84 Mb)
News & Articles
Glenn Henderson Logging and Timber Co. is a large and successful harvesting company by any measure.
|WIDTH (metric)||1 800 mm|
|HEIGHT less skis (metric)||2 590 mm|
|DEPTH (metric)||1 750 mm|
|BASE WEIGHT (metric)||2 560 kg|
|FRONT OPENING (metric)||965 mm|
|BETWEEN SKIS (metric)||1 070 mm|
|ACCUMULATING ARM||90 mm (3.5 in) bore|
|CLAMP ARM||90 mm (3.5 in) bore|
|MAXIMUM CUT (metric)||585 mm|
|ACCUMULATING AREA (metric)||0,42 m²|
|ACCUMULATING AREA, Including blade (metric)||0,55 m²|
|DISC series 74||1 450 mm (57 in) diameter 1-piece|
|KERF||57 mm (2.25 in)|
|TEETH||(18) rotatable Carbide or hardened steel|
|BLADE SPEED||1,150 rpm|
|SAW DRIVE||Direct drive; Piston motor|