Tigercat bunching shears increase the productivity of the entire harvesting system while reducing cost per tonne. Feller buncher productivity and efficiency improves because more trees are cut per cycle, reducing unnecessary machine travel. Skidder productivity and efficiency improves because the bunches are large, well aligned and easy to pick up.
For pulpwood applications, the bunching shear is a simple, low maintenance, low cost alternative to disc saw felling heads and preferable in rocky or abrasive soil conditions. The 2000 can be fitted to both drive-to-tree and track feller bunchers.
The 2000 is a fast, high capacity bunching shear best suited to pine and eucalyptus plantation harvesting applications.
With standard 160 mm (6.5 in) bore cylinder
Softwood: 510 mm (20 in)
Hardwood: 405 mm (16 in)
- Cushioned cylinders for long life
- The industry’s hardest shear blades; the blades can be switched and flipped to balance wear
- Twin post design with offset pocket for excellent visibility
- Improves both feller buncher and skidder productivity by increasing number of cut stems per cycle and by laying down tight, parallel aligned skidder bunchers
- Deep accumulating pocket places the load closer to the machine for improved stability
- More cutting and less machine travel; the unique two-arm design allows more trees to be stored before stopping to dump the accumulated bunch
See below related files that you can download.
News & Articles
A brief history of the Tigercat shear and why it is a hot commodity in the Florida Gulf Coast.
Tigercat and CBI join forces, taking giant leaps toward a more cost effective multi-stem eucalyptus pulpwood harvesting system.
|WIDTH||1 900 mm|
|HEIGHT||2 490 mm|
|DEPTH||1 730 mm|
|BASE WEIGHT||2 740 kg|
|ACCUMULATING AREA||0,5 m²|
|ACCUMULATING CAPACITY||(12) trees 15 cm (6 in) diameter|
|ACCUMULATING/CLAMP ARMS||(2) 90 mm (3.5 in) bore, cushioned|
|SHEAR||165 mm (6.5 in) bore|
|30° WRIST||1-cylinder; 127 mm (5 in) bore|
|340° WRIST||3-motor drive, high torque|
|SHEAR BLADES||(2) identical threaded|