822D Feller Buncher
The Tigercat 822D feller buncher is designed for challenging thinning and final felling. Powerful lift capacity, tight-tuck ER boom geometry and compact tail-swing minimize site impact in selective felling applications.Find a Dealer
The 822D is a powerful and stable track feller buncher with compact tail swing. The 822D feller buncher is well suited to plantation thinning, selective felling in natural stands and final felling applications.
The upper assembly is built on a thick, one-piece turntable. All weldments are fabricated from high quality steel to resistant impact.
The combination of high horsepower and efficient hydraulic circuits provides the operator with quick, responsive control for high performance and productivity.
The machine is an operator’s dream — quiet, refined and comfortable with ergonomic positioning of controls and clear lines of sight. With a clamshell style retracting engine enclosure, access to daily service points and major components is well beyond anything previously seen in the compact tail swing feller buncher class.
Tigercat power. Tigercat support.
The 822D feller buncher is Tigercat FPT Tier 2 or Tier 4f powered. Tier 4f conforms to the latest emissions standards in North America and Europe. With the Tier 2 engine configuration, Tigercat brings the benefits of Tigercat power and support to harvesting professionals around the world. Learn more about Tigercat FPT
- Tigercat FPT N67 engine with Tier 2 or Tier 4f emissions compliance – clean, powerful and efficient; fully supported by Tigercat
- High capacity cooling system – automatic variable speed for improved fuel efficiency; automatic reversing cycle to purge dust and debris
- Clamshell-style roof enclosure with swing-out doors on both sides for excellent access to major components and daily service points
- Hydraulic components are compartmentalized, separate from the engine and cooling system
- ER boom technology® improves fuel efficiency, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- Industry leading operator’s station. Large and well finished with excellent visibility and a refined climate control system.
- Heavy duty Tigercat-built F8 forestry undercarriage – excellent stability, ground clearance and tractive effort
See below related files that you can download.
- 822D/L822D feller buncher brochure
- 822D/L822D Feller Buncher Brochure (5.81 Mb)
- 822D/L822D Feller Buncher Brochure (quick download) (1.34 Mb)
- The truth about Tier 4
- The truth about Tier 4 (385.56 Kb)
News & Articles
Tigercat has swapped the Tigercat FPT C87 engine for the N67 to more closely match to the duty cycle of this series of harvesters and feller bunchers.
Out with the old and in with the new as Tigercat retires C-series and introduces D-series platform worldwide.
Twenty-year-old Matt Cox operates one of the first Tier 4f Tigercat 822D track feller bunchers currently running in the US. Matt works for Mac McClure and Jim Hancock, owners of H & M Quality Logging near Elizabethtown, North Carolina.
The 822C series has been a highly successful and productive machine in production for over a decade and remains available in non-Tier 4 markets. The new D-series takes the carrier to the next level with a number of improvements.
The Tigercat 822D track feller buncher stole the show at the Mid-Atlantic Logging and Biomass Expo, held September 18-19 in Smithfield, North Carolina.